Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memories of the Barbecue and so much more...

Great time at the Barbecue in the Park. The rain was so much fun. I felt like a child again: running through the puddle of mud... :)



The bounced house was full already... and made me remember the 'pula-pula' of my childhood in Brazil. I don't remember one specific one and what city, just the old sensation of jumping, jumping... How can you be tired of that? If look at our kids you'll see that is impossible.

The cotton candy is another memory from my earlier years. I never liked. Instead, I always be fascinated about the 'making of the candy': amounts of sugar mixing and ta-da... : a soft mini 'cloud' sticking in our hands!

The gathering of the many people is very comfortable for a person who was born in the middle of a huge family. The church family today, is now the one that I choose to walk together and be shoulder to shoulder in everything that comes. It is comfortable (no, not the comfort zone)... and I am happy.

The barbecue itself is another story. My father was a huge fan and maker of 'churrasco'... and nothing is like his barbecue. Today, we had a delicious one ! The smell of the barbecue and the sides of rice, 'farofa' and 'vinagrete' made the meal amazing... and please a big cup of coca-cola, with lots of ice. Deal!

People were coming and leaving... but in the middle of this I saw a woman with 4 kids. Called my attention. Who is she? Where she comes from? Is she the grandmother of the little ones?
Nobody knows and few people went to ask. And maybe they made a impact on her life. She stayed there. Her kids ate, made crafts, jumped and played... kids are so resilient doesn't matter what. I loved what I heard from my wonderful friend - the one who always care, sees the good side of everything and have a deep relationship with our Father - "...the woman was not invited... she was brought by God Himself" and that's it ! Enough of dumb talking people. In the end, the woman is the nanny who takes care of the kids and she was working... good time for her and for me.

Few visitants, more food and talking... is one way to start a good relationship and give the Love that we received everyday from our Lord.

And then comes the rain. My first thought was: "why we didn't pack and left 10 minutes ago?" but where's the fun in it ?! Kids were running - one with the cast in her arm was scare to wet and dissolves everything, kkk - Mothers were screaming... and the drops continues very fast. Umbrellas appeared from nowhere and black t-shirts became soaked in seconds.
Who missed that, really missed the joy of it. I looked at my clean-this-week-washed tennis shoes... so dirty now. Really, well, who cares?


I saw the puddles of mud..., where's the children?
I played and jumped myself with wet clothes and a borrow umbrella (don't need that time, but...) and was peaceful to feel the rain.

Another day. Another event. God is good all the time.

Pictures:
Originally uploaded by ♥ e l i z a b e t h


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home