Monday, January 2, 2012

Ripping into the Gift of another Year

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. -- Psalm 5:3
The first of the month has always been my own personal holiday. I just love ripping the old month off all my calendars and starting fresh on a whole new page. How wonderful to look at those clean, fresh, unblemished squares representing days I haven't messed up yet!
God has given us measurements of time so we have some perspective on our lives. Think how hopeless we would feel if we were stuck in some stressful situation and thought it would never end. But God gives us a new morning - a new month, a new year - to start over again and again. With each new start we lift our voices heavenward, laying out our hopes and prayers. Then we "wait in expectation", as the psalmist said, to receive the gifts and blessings -- and yes, challenges -- God has planned for us.
Whatever comes, we know He will be there with us, throughout the day, throughout the night, and as we begin afresh tomorrow. Without Him, our lives stretch out to a hopeless end. With Him we have the endless hope of a heavenly tomorrow. -- by Barbara Johnson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home