Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sewing & Photographing at Cas Creation Studio

What a good team is sewing and photographing... and of course, writing !
I have being thrilled with my 'machines' (one more is arriving soon) and wondering what more I can do it with them :)
The passion for photography started when I was around 10 y-old and since them I have clicked almost everything if I had a camera in my hands. My father gave me my first one at my 11th birthday if I remember right. Amazing gift!
The love for sewing came gradually seeing my stepmother in Brazil who made gorgeous outfits for my brother and I during our childhood. But was just after I moved to here that I started to sew, or tried it.
My mom had a old sewing machine from my grandmother Lidia. I wish I had it now to display and decorate my studio.
My first quilt was a baby quilt for my friend Stacy for occasion of her third child. I loved it! Fabrics with colorful red, deep blue and browns with buttons shaped with wild animals. Them I made dolls and pajamas for Camille learning how to put fabrics and thread together. Followed with new pillows for home but I stopped for a long time after that.
Unfortunately 4 years ago I lost all my pictures - thanks to my computer. Pictures with the baby quilt, dolls and everything else from 2000 to 2006 was gone. Oh, yes I cried... and still remember the pictures that I had.
After few digital cameras - I was very resistant to it but gave up after seeing how much money I can save it - them came my IPhone, I mean the camera on the cell (I don't care about cellular at all) that was unbelievable good. My Tuca become my model and my pets were so good on poses hehehehe. About 2 years ago Nelson gave me his old Nikon. I treasured the camera and displayed at my studio because don't have the manual and was not digital but it lens was priceless. 
After a year borrowing Alex&Patricia's Cannon camera for the church events and the precious incentive from pastor Paul Cuny I started to pray about my passion for photography.
Finally, a good deal came and my lovely hubby gave me my new SCL Digital Nikon camera on 39th birthday. What can I say? I'm  happy. And today I bought a new sewing machine for Mother's Day for myself.
New creations to come and keep me busy - mind and hands :) and surround with dreams and fabrics I'll click it all. 
My old Nikon


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home