Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Count your Blessings



numbers by konomiho
Billy Graham's daily devotion for today May 24, 2011 not just touch my heart but also shows me once again how my Father cares about me in minimum details... What kind of love is that? Amazing love that carries me through the pain and continues to give me the balsam of joy.
"Christians are not altogether immune from depression. The fact is: the trend of events and the mounting tide of evil are enough to give one sobering thoughts—Christian or not. David, the sweet singer of Israel, was not always on top of his depression. Sometimes his glad song was turned to a depressive mourning. “My tears have been my meat day and night, while continually they say unto me, Where is thy God? Why art thou cast down, O my soul, and why art thou disquieted in me?” I find that the cure for depression is praise. In other words: be so busy counting your blessings, that thoughts of gloom and despair will be crowded out."

 Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me;
Lord, be my help.
You turned my wailing into dancing;
you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.
Lord my God, I will praise you forever. -- Psalm 30:10-12


Pictures: 1- numbers, a photo by konomiho on Flickr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home